Have you ever wanted to start learning the Korean language? Or have you started learning Korean but want to continue learning with people that share the same enthusiasm as you? Look no further! IYF Korean Camp brings all the best of Korea to you! Through an all online digital platform, IYF Korean camp features classes with professional, native Korean language teachers; Korean-culture inspired curriculums such as K-beauty routines, K-pop dance, and Calligraphy; Korea’s Got Talent event; and a Korean-themed scavenger hunt called the “Amazing Race”.
We may not be able to meet in person, but the 2020 IYF Korean Camp is an exciting opportunity to experience Korean language learning online. So, register, log on and get ready to learn some Korean.
- Seoul National University of Education
- Korean Language Instructor since 2004 (Uzbekistan, U.K., U.S.A.)
- Currently Principal of IYF Houston Korean Academy
- Ewha Woman's University,
- Korean Language Instructor since 2010
- Currently Vice Principal of IYF Atlanta Korean Academy
- Georgia State University
- 2000-2004 Licensed court translator
- Korean language instructor since 2006
- Currently Principal of IYF Anchorage Korean Academy
- Myong-ji University
- Kapiolani Community College (Honolulu, Hawaii) Korean Class 2008, 2009
- Korean Language Instructor since 2006
- Currently Instructor of IYF Los Angeles Korean Academy
- Korea University
- Korean Language Instructor since 2003
- Currently Principal of IYF Orlando Korean Academy
- George Mason University
- George Mason University (Fairfax, VA) Korean Class 2008-2014
- Korean Language Instructor since 2008
- Currently principal at IYF Hawaii Korean Academy
- Dankook University
- Korean Language Instructor since 2008 (Nepal, India, U.S.A.)
- Currently Principal of IYF San Antonio Korean Academy
- Seoul Women's University
- Korean Language Instructor since 2010
- Currently Instructor at IYF Atlanta Korean Academy
Do you want to learn Korean but don't know how to start? Alphabet master is the beginner class that teaches you from the beginning how to read and write Korean step by step. If you don't know anything about Korean, then just join the Alphabet master class.
“I know the entire Korean alphabet, and I can even make short sentences in Korean. But I am confused about verb tenses!”
No worries! You can learn how to use the different verb tenses (past, present, future). Through this class, you will master the verb tenses, expand your conversation skills, and feel free to say whatever you want in Korean.
Do you like to sing K-pop but want to know what you are actually singing? All about K-pop is here to dive into the lyrics of your favorite K-pop songs to learn vocabulary, phrases, and much more! You will love K-pop even more once you know the meaning of the lyrics ❤
If you've mastered the alphabet, it's time to speak in sentences. Real-Life Korean Conversation for Beginners!! Lay the groundwork for speaking Korean by learning the words you need in real life and practice easy verbs that are used frequently in different situations.
~세요. ~할래요? ~ 것 같아요. @#$@%
Korean sentences, why are they so hard? Korean Sentence Class will solve all your worries. Learn various kinds of sentences, and become confident in Korean sentences!
Do you want to travel to Korea?z
Are you planning to visit Korea? You can learn situational dialogues based on real life in Korea. If you take this course, you can speak Korean wherever you can go, whatever you do in Korea!!
Ready to start forming a simple Korean sentence?
Learn how to make simple sentences and conjugate verbs, according to tenses. Plus, learn the basic structure of Korean grammar and some words in Korean! If you know the Korean alphabet, you should come to this class and start making sentences! 🙂
Speak Like a Native Korean!
Have you been learning Korean for quite some time now, but still aren’t satisfied with your Korean pronunciation? If so, we are here to help you improve your pronunciation and speak Korean confidently! Are you ready to polish your pronunciation? Get on board! 😀
Do you speak Korean very well? Now is the time for you to polish your Korean language, so it sounds more natural and fluent like a Real Korean through diverse Fun Materials. Through this class, you will learn useful, meaningful, and advanced Korean Conversation.
Online Scavenger Hunt
While we are unable to travel freely because of the Coronavirus, online Korean camp participants can join us on the online tour through South Korea. Let’s go visit different cities of Korean and play some mini-games!
Show us what you got at the very first IYF Korea’s Got Talent Show us what you got at the IYF Korea’s Got Talent! It features an impressive array of singers, dancers, and hopeful stars, all vying to win amazing prize. Film a 5-minute video of your talent and send it to us. We will then pick the best talents and feature it at the talent show for the Korean Camp. Submit your video with your full name, date of birth and your phone number to email@example.com
*Due 7/12 (Sun) 11:59PM (EDT)
DATE: July 14-17, 2020
PARTICIPANTS: Birth year before 2006
CAMP FEE: $10 (USD)
- You MUST put Gmail account when you register. All our programs are run by Google Class and '@gmail.com' is required for you to join.
1. You will receive the confirmation email.
2. You will be assigned to a Google Class according to your Korean language skill. You will be notified by the email you've registered with on July 13th.
3. In your Google Class, you will be assigned to a random smaller group. You will be notified of your group number by the email on July 13th. In your group, you will be getting announcements and play the Amazing Race as a team. Your group captain will invite you to Kakao Talk group chat.
4. When you access your Google Class on July 14th, you can choose any elective class.
5. All camp programs are run by Zoom App.
Click the logo icon left to download the app. (https://zoom.us/download)
Kakao Talk App
Google Class App (if mobile)
In the middle of the screen, you will see your KakaoTalk ID.
You have successfully registered for the K-Fest event. You will receive an email with further information.